This afternoons session was outside in the garden with students bathed in glorious sunshine (Air temp: 24°C). The class gathered themselves into three groups (2 duos and 1 trio) and played through Clapton’s ‘Before You Accuse Me’.
After a short coffee break we reconvened back in the music room and covered Eric Clapton’s MTV Unplugged version of the blues standard ‘Before You Accuse Me’.
Before You Accuse Me – Eric Clapton
Eric Clapton’s MTV Unplugged performance was one of the best performances in the Unplugged series, and this rendition of ‘Before You Accuse Me’ was a stand out track from the live recording.
This mornings first session began with a run through some important physical warm up exercises, including: finger star jumps, hand stretches, wrist rolling and gentle upper body stretches.
– Left-hand finger exercises:
– Key points to focus your attention on:
- RH – Alternate picking (Ascending Down-Up, Descending Up-Down)
- LH – Thumb placement (C-shape finger and thumb)
- Use of fingertips and arch fingers
- Start slow (60-65bpm) and play through Crotchets (4), Quavers (8) and Semi-quavers (16) note durations
9am – The music room is prepared for the students to arrive at 10am this morning for the first session of the week.